Tolling As a Solution
- Tolls are often used when there is not enough funding for a project. Tolls are being used on the new Belle Chasse Bridge for this reason.
- The Belle Chasse Bridge and Tunnel Replacement Project is a Design-Build-Finance-Operate-Maintain Public Private Partnership (P3). It is LADOTD’s first P3 project!
- GeauxPass is the name of Louisiana’s state-wide tolling system. A GeauxPass is a barcode sticker placed on a vehicle’s windshield behind the rearview mirror. An electronic chip inside the barcode will be read by the cameras as the vehicle passes under tolling equipment on the bridge.
- The account associated with the GeauxPass will be billed electronically each time it passes under the tolling equipment. Accounts are set up in advance, and a card is put on file to draw money from electronically. Vehicles will be tolled crossing in both directions on the bridge, both northbound and southbound.
- The GeauxPass is interoperable throughout Louisiana; it can be used at other Louisiana facilities with tolls, like LA 1.
- Tolling for Plaquemines Parish Residents:
- When the bridge opens in 2024, residents of Plaquemines Parish with Class 1 vehicles who use a GeauxPass will pay a discounted toll rate of $0.25 per crossing. To qualify for this locals-only discount, you will need to set up your GeauxPass account and follow instructions to provide proof of your residency in Plaquemines Parish.
- All toll rates are charged based on the vehicle’s size and whether or not you have a GeauxPass installed on that vehicle. Please see image for details.
- Please note: all rate categories are subject to annual increase by CPI except the Plaquemines Parish Resident rate.
Plaquemines Parish Resident Discount
To qualify for the Plaquemines Parish Resident discounted toll rate, you will need to provide a document verifying your address. Go to the geauxpass.com website and follow the instructions below:
- Create a new account.
- Once your account has been created, go back to the homepage, then click on “Manage My Account” from the options on the right.
- At the top of the page, click to see the drop-down options for “Contact & Support.” Click on “Web Inquiry.”
- Fill in all fields of the Web Inquiry, being sure to include your contact information and a note in the comments about seeking the discounted rate. Then attach your proof of residency by using the “Attach File” upload feature.
- Click “Submit Inquiry.” A Customer Service Representative will contact you to finalize the discount on your account.
Documents accepted to provide proof of residency must have the same legal name, address, and license plate number (if applicable) as your GeauxPass account. A copy of any of the following documents can be used to provide proof of residency in Plaquemines Parish:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
1. Create a new account.
2. Once your account has been created, go back to the homepage, then click on “Manage My Account” from the options on the right.
3. At the top of the page, click to see the drop-down options for “Contact & Support.” Click on “Web Inquiry.”
4. Fill in all fields of the Web Inquiry. Select “Resident Discount” from the drop down options for Reason. Be sure to include a comment about seeking the resident discount. Then attach your proof of exemption by using the “Attach File” upload feature.
5. Click “Submit Inquiry”. A Customer Service Representative will contact you to finalize the resident discount on your account.
- Law Enforcement Vehicles
- Emergency Vehicles
- Fire Departments*
- Disabled Veterans
- School Buses and Mass Transit Vehicles
- Parade or group transportation of the Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of America, and Camp Fire Girls (minimum group size of 15 people*)
* Indicates toll exemption will be applied manually by Customer Service Representative after customer contacts the GeauxPass Customer Service Center and provides the required information for each relevant transaction.
- To qualify for a toll exemption, you must create a GeauxPass account and provide proof that you belong in one of the exempt groups. To do so, please call the GeauxPass Customer Service Center at 1-866-662-8987.