UPCOMING BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
SOUTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Construction work continues with preparations to set girders after the 4th of July and start deck construction.
NORTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Concrete columns and pier cap construction continues.
WORK IN THE GIWW
- MP2 pile driving started 6/15/22 and continues through second week of July to be followed by preparations for the underwater seal slab placement.
ALGIERS OUTFALL CANAL BRIDGE
- Cap construction began 6/9/22 on the south side and will move to the north side. As caps are completed, deck construction will begin on the south side in the next weeks.
LA 23 ROADWAY & ENGINEERS ROAD
- Work continues in medians. Traffic shift for LA23 SB lanes scheduled for 7/7/22-7/8/22.
- Railroad Street extension construction continues as utilities are relocated.
- Entergy, AT&T, and Cox relocations continue along LA23 and on local cross streets and adjacent streets throughout the project. Atmos completed relocations in same areas. Atmos received NTP to start relocations on south side 5/17/22.
CURRENT BRIDGE/TUNNEL OPERATIONS UPDATES
Design input on bridge and park
Lane closures, construction
Open new bridge
Relocate Veterans Park
Take down old bridge