REPLACEMENT BRIDGE UPDATES
UPCOMING BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
SOUTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Span 15 through Span 21 girders set 7/12/22 through 8/19/22. Deck construction started week of 7/25/22 with shear key and diaphragm construction and continues with setting precast panels in Spans 15-21. Setting overhangs began after Labor Day. 1st Deck placement to occur in February 2023.
NORTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Spans 11-6 girders set 9/19/22 through 11/4/22 followed by precast panel installation. Diaphragm and shear key construction continues. Deck construction started week of 1/9/23.
WORK IN THE GIWW
- Removing cofferdam sheets finished 11/22/22. Template was removed 11/28/22. Column construction started 11/28/22. P2 Columns placed 12/7/22. P2 Cap placed 1/6/23. Placing P2 risers 1/26/23.
ALGIERS OUTFALL CANAL BRIDGE
- Cap construction began 6/9/22 on the south side and has moved to the north side. Decks have been completed. Approach work and barriers finished up in November. Phase 1b shifted 1/19/23 through 1/20/23.
LA 23 ROADWAY & ENGINEERS ROAD
- Traffic shift for LA23 southbound lanes completed 8/10/22. Phase 1A drainage construction is complete, and roadway work started the week of 10/10/22. Phase 1A paving started 1/11/23 and continues throughout the week. Phase 1B traffic shifted 1/19/23 -1/20/23. Phase 1b drainage and roadwork in the median started 1/20/23.
LA 23 ROADWAY SOUTH OF GIWW
- Excavation and base work for detour road paving started 12/19/22. Asphalt paving to occur later in January with the Phase 1d traffic switch on the south side of the bridge to follow the paving.
- Railroad Street extension construction has completed curb & gutter and base installation. Asphalt paving started 1/11/23 and completed 1/18/23. Striping, signing and reopening the road to follow.
- Entergy, AT&T, and Cox relocations continue along LA23 and on local cross streets and adjacent streets throughout the project. Atmos completed relocations on north side and finished relocations on south side 9/26/22. Atmos completed south side relocations week of 9/26/22. PPG water line relocation started 12/12/22 and continues from P Street to Dr Bowen Street and Barriere Rd.
CURRENT BRIDGE/TUNNEL OPERATIONS UPDATES
Design input on bridge and park
Lane closures, construction
Open new bridge
Relocate Veterans Park
Take down old bridge