UPCOMING BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
SOUTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Started setting Span 16 girders 7/12/22 with plans to continue setting girders thru Spans 17 thru 21 over the next several weeks. Deck construction starting week of 7/25/22 with shear key and diaphragm construction and setting precast panels.
NORTH SIDE OF THE NEW BRIDGE
- Concrete columns and pier cap construction continues.
WORK IN THE GIWW
- MP2 underwater seal slab placed 7/9/22. Cofferdam dewatered 7/15/22 – 7/16/22. Welding on pipe pile and preparations for leveling slab began 7/18/22.
ALGIERS OUTFALL CANAL BRIDGE
- Cap construction began 6/9/22 on the south side and has moved to the north side. Deck forming for Spans 8-10 began week of 7/18/22.
LA 23 ROADWAY & ENGINEERS ROAD
- Work continues in medians with paving. Traffic shift for LA23 SB lanes scheduled for 7/25/22 – 7/27/22.
- Railroad Street extension construction continues as utilities are relocated.
- Entergy, AT&T, and Cox relocations continue along LA23 and on local cross streets and adjacent streets throughout the project. Atmos completed relocations in same areas. Atmos received NTP to start relocations on south side 5/17/22
CURRENT BRIDGE/TUNNEL OPERATIONS UPDATES
Design input on bridge and park
Lane closures, construction
Open new bridge
Relocate Veterans Park
Take down old bridge